Background: VectorWorks is a five-year (2014-2019) global project to increase access to and use of insecticide-treated nets (ITNs) and other proven vector control interventions for malaria prevention. The project is funded by the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI) under a USAID cooperative agreement.
VectorWorks Tanzania seeks highly qualified data collectors for an upcoming activity to monitoring LLIN durability in Zanzibar. The study is designed to understand the how long LLINs last until they are too torn to be used for sleeping under. Data collection will be carried out over 14-day period (including training) in late October and early November of 2016. Data collectors in both Unguja and in Pemba are needed.
Scope of Work:
· Carryout community entry activities, including meetings with community leaders and households
· Administer survey questionnaire to household members, using tablet data entry
· Count holes of various sizes in LLINs and record them using tablet data entry
· Ensure quality and completeness of all data collected
· Interact with participants, study team, and ZAMEP representatives in a professional and respectful manner
· Demonstrate a strong work ethic, attention to quality and detail, and take initiative to identify areas for improvement in the data collection process to ensure study objectives are met
· Experience and/or training in administration of household surveys
· Familiarity with smartphones
· Experience with data collection, preferably using mobile phones or tablets
· Currently living in Unguja or Pemba
· Fluency in Swahili
· Proficiency in English
· High level of professionalism
· High level of respect for research participants and study objectives
To Apply: Please send a cover letter and CV to email@example.com no later than September29th. Please indicate “Zanzibar Durability Monitoring Data Collector” in the subject of the email. Qualified applicants will be contacted for a phone interview. Successful applicants will be invited to attend training. Final selection of the data collection team will be based on performance during training.