Background: VectorWorks is a five-year (2014-2019) global project to increase access to and use of insecticide-treated nets (ITNs) and other proven vector control interventions for malaria prevention. The project is funded by the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI) under a USAID cooperative agreement.
VectorWorks Tanzania seeks highly qualified data collectors for an upcoming residual malaria transmission research study in Zanzibar. The study is designed to understand the factors contributing to ongoing low-level malaria transmission in the context of high coverage of vector control interventions. Data collection will be carried out over a five-week period in October and November of 2016.
Scope of Work:
· Carryout community entry activities, including meetings with community leaders and households
· Administer pre and post observation survey to household members, using tablet data entry
· Carry out structured nighttime household observations, using tablet data entry
· Ensure quality and completeness of all data collected
· Interact with participants, study team, and ZAMEP representatives in a professional and respectful manner
· Demonstrate a strong work ethic, attention to quality and detail, and take initiative to identify areas for improvement in the data collection process to ensure study objectives are met
- Experience and/or training in administration of household surveys
- Familiarity with smartphones
- Experience with data collection, preferably using mobile phones or tablets
· Currently living in Zanzibar
· Willingness to work at night
· Fluency in Swahili
· Proficiency in English
· High level of professionalism
· High level of respect for research participants and study objectives
To Apply: Please send a cover letter and CV to email@example.com no later than September 29th. Please indicate “Zanzibar Residual Transmission Data Collector (Quantitative)” in the subject of the email. Qualified applicants will be contacted for a phone interview. Successful applicants will be invited to attend training. Final selection of the data collection team will be based off of performance during training.